Promotion: Matrix Collective
Promoter: L’Oréal Australia Pty Ltd ABN 40 004 191 673, 564 St Kilda Road, Melbourne, VIC 3004, Australia. Ph: 03 8680 0000
Entry Period: Start date: 12/11/18 at 09:00 am AEDT , End date: 28/02/19 at 11:59 pm AEDT
Group 1 - Individuals
Eligibility requirements for ‘individual’ entry are outlined below (“Eligible Hairdressers”):
• The entrant must be an Australian resident who is 18 years of age or over and are a qualified hairdresser or apprentice hairdresser employed or a student enrolled full time at a private hairdressing college in Australia.
• The entrant and model/s must be available to attend the State Finals.
• The entrant’s salon of employment must be trading as the time of the State Finals.
• If the entrant’s salon of employment is trading with L’Oréal Australia Pty Ltd, it must be fully compliant with L’Oréal’s conditions of sale and credit terms at all stages of the Promotion.
• To be eligible to win a prize, the individual must be employed with their salon of employment until at least 1/7/19.
• Entrants must obtain the consent of the salon owner(s) where they are employed to enter into this Promotion.
• If an entrant is a student rather than an employee of a salon – the above requirements referencing a salon do not apply. However, the entrant mprevust have consent from their private hairdressing college and/or salon manager to enter into this Promotion.
• Employees of franchise salons must gain head office of franchise approval to enter into this Promotion.
Group 2 - Teams Eligibility requirements for ‘team’ entry are outlined below:
• Each team must be composed of a group of two (2) to three (3) Eligible Hairdressers.
• All Eligible Hairdressers within a team must be employed at the same salon.
If a team member or model is unable to attend at State Final it is at the sole discretion of the Promoter to decide whether the entrant continues in the Promotion.
The models used at all stages of the competition must be 18 years or over and have had an allergy alert test 48 hours before the colour application.
Stage 1: Entry
How to Enter: ‘Individuals’ Category Entry
To enter the Promotion, an entrant in Entrant Group 1 must complete all the steps below:
a) Create a well-executed, inspirational and creative total look on a model and take a photo of the coloured and styled look created (“Photo”); b) Visit http://matrixcollective.com.au, follow the prompts to the Promotion entry page; nominate they are entering in the ‘Individual’ category, fully complete and submit the online entry form with their personal details (first name, last name, email address, mobile number and state/territory of residence) and their Salon Address, Name of Salon; and upload their Photo.
‘Team’ Category Entry
To enter the Promotion, an eligible Team must complete the following:
a) Create a well-executed, inspirational and creative total look on a model and take a photo of the coloured and styled look created (“Photo”);
b) Visit http://matrixcollective.com.au, follow the prompts to the Promotion entry page; nominate they are entering in the ‘Individual’ category, fully complete and submit the online entry form with their personal details (first name, last name, email address, mobile number and state/territory of residence) and their Salon Address, Name of Salon; and upload their Photo.
The following requirements apply for both Category groups:
1) Entrants must only use Matrix colour and styling products on the model/s and no other products.
2) No wefts, weaves, hair extensions or wigs are not allowed to be used.
3) No up-dos are allowed
4) No retouching or filters or photoshop allowed for Photo.
5) All entry photographs must be in colour and in portrait orientation for Individual Category entries & landscape for Team Category entries. All photos must be submitted on a plain background. Photo must be submitted as a JPG file.
6) Electrical equipment used to create any looks must comply with the terms of the Health and Safety act – Requirements for Electrical Safety in the workplace. All electrical equipment must be tagged and tested by an electrician.
7) Photo must be taken on a smart phone and must be a static image.
Entries/ photos that have been previously published (outside of this Promotion) will not be eligible for this Promotion.
Entries permitted: Multiple entries permitted per ‘individual’ entrant and ‘team’ entrant. However, each entry must include a different look, model and photo. An ‘individual’ entrant and their model may only be deemed a finalist once only for the ‘individual’ category group; and a ‘team’ entrant group and their model may only be deemed a finalist once only for the ‘team’ category group.
An entrant and their model cannot be deemed both an individual category finalist and a team category finalist.
Stage 2: Determination of Finalists
5 Stage Group Finalists Determination:
1. Representative/s of the Promoter will judge entries received based on the following criteria:
- Overall colour result, techniques, application, selection and placement
- Overall look – cut, style and finish
2. The five (5) best entries, as determined by the judges, for the Individual Category in each State Group will be deemed a Finalist.
3. The three (3) best entries, as determined by the judges, for the Team Category in each State Group will be deemed a Finalist.
4. There are five (5) State Groups: (1) VIC/TAS; (2) ACT/NSW; (3) QLD; (4) NT/SA; (5) WA. Entries will be placed in a State Group based on their location of residence, unless otherwise specified by the Promoter.
5. For the sake of clarity, there will be a total of twenty-five (25) Finalists for the Individual Category and up to fifteen (15) finalists for the Team Category.
6. All Finalists will be brought together in each region to recreate their look in front of Matrix representatives.
Finalist Notification: Finalists will be notified via email by 08/03/2019.
Finalist Prize: Each ‘Individual’ Finalist will receive the following:
• A goodie bag of L’Oreal products up to value of $400. A goodie bag will not be awarded to the model featured in the Finalist’s Photo submission;
• Two (2) x tickets to attend the State Group Final event for their State Group. One (1) ticket for the Finalist and one (1) for their guest; and
• A Finalist’s trophy.
Each ‘Team’ Finalist will receive the following:
• A goodie bag of L’Oreal products up to value of $400 for each member of the Finalist ‘Team’. Goodie bags will not be awarded to the model/s featured in the Finalist’s Photo submission;
• Two (2) x tickets for each member of the Finalist Team to attend the State Group Final event for their State Group. One (1) ticket for each Finalist Team member and one (1) for their guest;
• A Finalists trophy for each member of the Finalist Team.
Stage 3: Determination of State Group Winners & Matrix Collective State Final details
Winner Determination & State Final Details: The Matrix Collective State Group Final dates are as follows:
• NT/SA State Group Final Event: 24th March 2019 – Adelaide
• WA State Group Final Event: 25th March 2019 – Perth
• QLD State Group Final Event: 31st March 2019 – Brisbane
• NSW/ACT State Group Final Event: 1st April 2019 – Sydney
• VIC/TAS State Group Final Event: 2nd April 2019 – Melbourne
1) The Promoter reserves the right to change the State Group Final Event dates, including in the event of circumstances arising beyond its reasonable control.
2) All members of a Finalist Team and the Individual Finalists will need to complete and sign a release form at the State Group Final Event. The model of an Individual Finalist and all model/s of a Team Finalist must also sign a model release at the State Group Final Event.
3) Pre-lightening may be done prior to arrival at the Stage Group Final Event. On the day of each State Group Final Event, a session will be held at each State based academy for finalists to recreate their look. A Matrix mentor will be present at the academy. All Finalists will be given four (4) hours to recreate their winning Photographic look/s (from Stage 1) at the academy. The look/s must be re-created on the same model/models featured in the Finalist’s entry selected by the judges. Make-up artists will be supplied by the Promoter for the models. Finalists are required to supply clothing for their models – this will not be supplied by the Promoter. Any costs for models’ clothing will not be covered by the Promoter.
4) Matrix Colour must be applied for full development time at the academy on the day of the State Group Final Event.
5) The State Group Final Event will take place at night and all Finalists will be required to parade the look/s created on their model/models.
6) All costs associated with travel to and from a State Group Final Event (e.g. flights, accommodation, transfers, taxis, etc), will be the responsibility of the Finalist Team members, Individual Finalist and model/s.
7) Representative/s of the Promoter will judge finalists based on the following criteria:
- Overall colour result, techniques, application, selection and placement
- Overall look – cut, style and finish
- Overall recreation
8) The judges will determine one (1) Team category winner and one (1) winning Individual Category winner from each State Group Final Event.
9) Winners will be notified in person at the State Group Final Event.
Winner’s Prize: Each winner will receive an INSTYLE Hairdressing Magazine editorial feature photo shoot (expected to take place mid-late April 2019, with exact date/s to be confirmed). If an individual category winner or winning Team member resides outside of VIC, they will also receive the following in order to attend the photo shoot:
• Return economy flights for themselves only from their nearest Australian capital city to Melbourne, VIC; and
• One (1) night accommodation in Melbourne, VIC.
Flights and accommodation are not provided if winner resides in VIC.
Winners will not be required to provide any model/s for the photo shoot, model/s will be provided by INSTYLE Hairdressing Magazine.
Each winning Team and Individual will also receive a PR and marketing kit. The kit will include select photo/s from the INSTYLE Hairdressing Magazine editorial feature photo shoot to use in marketing for their own salon (e.g. social or online marketing media for their salon).
Stage 4: People’s Choice Winners (1 for Team category + 1 for Individuals category)
How to Vote: All Finalists from each State Group (5 Individual Finalists and 3 Team Finalists for each State Group) will have one (1) professional photo of their look created at the State Final Event posted on the promotional website for voting by the public.
To enter the Promotion, the voter must complete the following steps during the Promotional Period:
a) visit matrixcollective.com.au, follow the prompts to the Promotion voting page; and
b) fully complete and submit the online voting form with their personal details (first name, last name, email address, mobile number and full address) and vote for one (1) look in the 'individuals' category and one (1) entry in the 'team' category.
The Finalist from each Category (Individual and Team) that obtains the highest number of valid votes for their look during the Voting Period will be deemed a People’s Choice Winner and receive the People’s Choice Prize.
Tie -Break Mechanic: If two (2) or more Finalists are tied with the equal highest number of votes in their Category, the Promoter will award the prize to the tied Finalist they deem best based on the expertise and ability of the colourist to create a unique look.
Voting Period: Start date: 08/04/19 at 09:00 am AEST, End date: 26/04/19 at 11:59 pm AEST
Eligibility to Vote: Voting is only open to Australian residents. Voters under the age of 18 must have parent or legal guardian approval to enter.
Votes permitted: Each person may submit the voting form once only – within the form they can submit a maximum of one (1) vote for an entry in the ‘individuals’ category and one (1) vote for an entry in the ‘team’ category.
Each voter is entitled to a maximum of one (1) entry for their voting form submission.
People’s Choice Prize: Dyson Supersonic Hairdryer valued at AUD$499.
One (1) prize will be awarded to People’s Choice Team Category winner per team member; and one (1) prize will be awarded to People’s Choice Individual Category winner.
Unclaimed Prizes: In the event of an unclaimed prize, the Promoter may at its discretion assign the prize to the entry judged the next best entry, conduct a further judging to award the prize, or withdraw the prize unawarded. The Promoter is under no obligation to award any unclaimed prize.
1. Entrants and voters agree and acknowledge that they have read these Conditions of Entry (and Schedule) and that entry into the Promotion is deemed to be acceptance of these Conditions of Entry (and Schedule). Any capitalised terms used in these Conditions of Entry have the meaning given in the Schedule, unless stated otherwise.
2. Entries/votes are deemed to be received at the time of receipt by the Promoter and not at the time of transmission or deposit by the entrant/voter. Records of the Promoter and its agencies are final and conclusive as to the time of receipt.
3. Valid and eligible entries will only be accepted during the Entry Period; valid and eligible votes will only be accepted during the Voting Period.
4. Employees (and the immediate family members) of agencies/companies directly associated with the conduct of this Promotion, the Promoter, its distributors, suppliers, subsidiary companies/businesses and associated companies and agencies are not eligible to enter/vote. "Immediate family member" means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
5. No Matrix Artists are allowed to enter.
6. The finalists and winners will be determined by skill. Chance plays no part in determining the winners/finalists. The judges' decision is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
7. All reasonable attempts will be made to contact each winner/finalist.
8. If any winner/finalist chooses not to take their prize (or is unable to), or does not take or claim a prize by the time specified by the Promoter, or is unavailable at the designated time for a State Final or at the time stipulated by the Promoter for travel, they forfeit the prize and the Promoter is not obliged to substitute the prize.
9. It is in the Promoter’s complete discretion as to whether or not they choose to accept an entry which does not meet and conditions outlined in these Conditions of Entry.
10. Following Conditions Apply to travel where awarded:
a) Travel itinerary will be determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion.
b) Prize is subject to the standard terms and conditions of individual prize and service providers.
c) Subject to the terms and conditions of the participating prize provider(s), if for any reason the winner does not, once the prize has been booked, take the prize (or an element of the prize) at the time stipulated, then the prize (or that element of the prize) will be forfeited and will not be redeemable for cash.
d) The winner may be required to present their credit card at check in.
e) Spending money, meals, taxes (excluding airline and airport taxes), insurance, transport to and from departure point, transfers, items of a personal nature, in-room charges and all other ancillary costs, unless otherwise specified in the prize description, are not included.
f) Itinerary will be determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion. Travel must be taken on Invalid date
11. The value of the prizes is accurate and based upon the recommended retail value of the prizes (inclusive of GST) at the date of printing. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of the prizes after that date.
12. No part of a prize is exchangeable, redeemable for cash or any other prize or transferable, unless otherwise specified in writing by the Promoter.
13. If a prize (or portion of a prize) is unavailable the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that portion of the prize) to a prize of equal or greater value and/or specification, subject to any written directions of a regulatory authority.
14. No fee is charged by the Promoter to enter or vote in the Promotion. Where entry/voting is allowed online, there is no additional cost to enter/vote in the Promotion other than any cost paid by the entrant/voter to access the website or social media platform of entry/voting via their Internet service provider.
15. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant/voter or winner/finalist, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant/voter or winner/finalist.
17. For the purposes of public statements and advertisements, the Promoter may only publish the winner's/finalist’s surname, initial and State/Territory or postcode of residence.
18. It is a condition of accepting the prize that a winner/finalist (including each team member of a finalist/winning team) may be required to sign a legal release as determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion, prior to receiving a prize.
19. If a prize is provided to the Promoter by a third party, the prize is subject to the terms and conditions of the third party prize supplier and the provision of the prize is the sole responsibility of the third party and not the Promoter. The terms and conditions which apply to the prize at the time it is issued to the winner will prevail over these Conditions of Entry, to the extent of any inconsistency. The Promoter accepts no responsibility or liability for any delay or failure by the third party to deliver the prize, any delay or failure relating to the prize itself or failure by the third party to meet any of its obligations in these Conditions of Entry or otherwise.
20. Any guarantee or warranty given is in addition to any relevant statutory guarantees and warranties and nothing in these Conditions of Entry restricts, excludes or modifies or purports to restrict, exclude or modify any statutory consumer rights under any applicable law including the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth).
21. If for any reason any aspect of this Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of computer virus, communications network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failure or any cause beyond the control of the Promoter, the Promoter may in its sole discretion cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion and invalidate any affected entries, or suspend or modify a prize, subject to State or Territory regulation.
22. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to validate and check the authenticity of entries, votes, voter’s and entrant's details (including an entrant's/voter’s identity, age and place of residence). In the event that a winner/finalist cannot provide suitable proof as required by the Promoter to validate their entry/vote, the winner/finalist will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered. Incomplete, indecipherable, inaudible, incorrect and illegible entries/votes, as applicable, will at the Promoter's discretion be deemed invalid and not eligible to win. Entries/votes containing offensive or defamatory comments, or which breach any law or infringe any third party rights, including intellectual property rights, are not eligible to win. The use of any automated entry/voting software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an individual to automatically enter/vote repeatedly is prohibited and may render all entries/votes submitted by that individual invalid.
23. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time: (a) to invalidate any votes which it reasonably suspects have been submitted using false, incorrect, fraudulent or misleading information, including but not limited to personal details and contact information and/or votes that have been submitted through the use of multiple identities, email addresses or accounts, including but not limited to social networking accounts; and/or (b) to disqualify any entrant (or invalidate his/her entry) that the Promoter reasonably suspects has paid, bartered or offered payment or other consideration to another person in exchange for votes or has otherwise encouraged or procured any person to submit votes contrary to these Terms and Conditions.
24. All material submitted on entry (e.g. Photo(s), photo(s), image(s), drawing(s), comment(s), sound/video recording(s) and answer(s) to a promotional question) must NOT: (a) be in breach of any laws, regulations and rights, e.g. any laws regarding intellectual property (copyright, trademarks, etc), defamation and privacy; (b) be defamatory, obscene, derogatory, pornographic, sexually inappropriate, contain nudity, aggressive, violent, abusive, harassing, threatening, objectionable or discriminate/vilify any section of the community with respect to race, ethnicity, nationality, religion, origin, sexual preference, mental illness, disability or gender or unsuitable for publication; or (c) contain viruses. Entrants warrant that they own or have the right to license the copyright in any entry submitted by them into this Promotion, for the purposes of this Promotion, that no rights have been granted to any third party in respect of any such entry which would prevent the entry being used as contemplated by this Promotion, and that the use by the Promoter of any such entry will not breach any laws or infringe the rights of any person (including without limitation with respect to privacy, intellectual property and defamation). Entrants must obtain prior consent from any person or from the owner(s) of any property that appears in their entry. By entering, all entrants license and grant the Promoter, its affiliates and sub-licensees an exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable, and sub-licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish and display their entry (including any portion of their entry) for any purpose, including but not limited to future promotional, marketing or publicity purposes, in any media, without compensation, restriction on use, attribution or liability. Entrants further agree, upon request by the Promoter, to assign all of their rights, title and interest (including copyright) in and to their entry to the Promoter and to sign any legal documentation to confirm such assignment. Entrants agree that their entry is their original work and does not infringe the rights of third parties, or that they have obtained full prior consent from any person who has jointly created or has any rights in the aforementioned material. Entrants consent to any use of their entry that may otherwise infringe their moral rights. Entrants are responsible for all entries they submit on entry. The Promoter will not be liable for any entries, to the extent permitted by law. The Promoter reserves the right to remove, request removal or decline to publish any entry or portion of an entry for any reason whatsoever, including if in breach of these Terms and Conditions. The Promoter will have no liability to entrants if it exercises this right and entrants must comply with any request made by the Promoter pursuant to this paragraph. The entrant warrants and represents that any material sent or provided by the entrant to the Promoter will not infringe any copyright, trademarks or other intellectual property rights of any third party (including moral rights) and that the entrant has all rights to use the materials and has obtained all necessary consents to comply with any relevant privacy and/or confidentiality requirements. Entrants agree to indemnify the Promoter for any breach of the Terms and Conditions including this clause.
25. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify entries/votes in the event of non-compliance with these Conditions of Entry. In the event that there is a dispute concerning the conduct of the Promotion, the decision of the Promoter is final and binding on each entrant/voter and no correspondence will be entered into.
26. The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense, damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person's negligence or wilful misconduct) in connection with this Promotion or accepting or using any prize (or recommendation), except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law).
27. The entrant will participate in and co-operate as required with all reasonable marketing and editorial activities relating to the Promotion, including (but not limited to) being recorded, photographed, filmed or interviewed and acknowledges that the Promoter may use any such marketing and editorial material without further reference or compensation to them.
28. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications and the entrant must seek their own independent financial advice in regards to the tax implications relating to the prize or acceptance of the prize.
29. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of these rights.